Fresh Starts

2014 was such an insane year for me, a lot of stuff happened that I really could not have seen coming, both good and bad. I was lucky enough to snatch a new job, I switched college course again, I moved home twice, I got pierced and tattooed for the first time. But one thing I've started to notice with people is how change cannot always be associated as a positive thing.

That's enough Auld Lang Syne for another twelve months.  
Throughout the year many old friends and acquaintances have spoken quite sceptically to me about how 'different' I have become. But what does that actually mean? Shouldn't change really be encouraged? Growing as literal human beings on this earth.

I feel the word has a bad stigma to it, people are almost scared of it. When it truly should be embraced. You should do something different everyday, change yourself. Take up a new hobby, try out a particular type of food, buy yourself a weird pair of shoes. If you are not diversifying, you are not growing.

From personal experience, anyone who has ever voiced concern over you changing are the sort of people who are stubborn and resistant to new things, they feel that anything new will have an immediate negative impact. Not to get too dismal, but in some cases it just can be a jealousy or power issue, they feel they can't control or manipulate you any more, they're freaking out because you're doing things that are very spontaneous to them and that they're no longer part of the picture. People like to have things predictable but change is good, so support it. 

The only person you have to answer to is yourself, just know whatever situation, whatever decision you make in life, it's going to be on your shoulders and if you're fine with it don't let anybody tell you different.

I don't know about you but I'm excited for the year ahead and what the next twelve months have in store, I really feel 2015 is going to be a good one.
Could this post be any cheesier?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.