2014 Favourites: The Music (Part One)

Fifteen days into the new year and I'm still feeling very retrospective of the last twelve months. Last week's post discussed embracing change so in light of it I've decided to attempt something different. Over the next week or so I plan to share my top five albums of 2014.

Music has so many psychological functions and people listen to it for various reasons. It can be a mood changer, it can help us relax, it's a form of pain management and a huge stress reliever. It can articulate what many cannot express through the spoken word and it is also a means of escape. Music is healing, it soothes the soul so why not celebrate it?


Obviously I'm not an accomplished music reviewer and nothing I write will be done through a hugely critical or adept point of view. It will be bias as I love these albums, they were the soundtrack and recollection to my year. I won't be making any harsh or carping judgements this isn't a fault-finding exercise. At the same time, I have no template of what to assess. 

I'll have a look at the artists' overall technique, style and sound but nothing I write will be ground breaking. The next five posts are more so a celebration of the songs I chanted hairbrush-in-hand into the mirror, the ballads I cried to on my bad days and the absolute anthems I lip-synced dramatically to on those cold morning walks into college . 

This April, this blog is approaching the two year mark and I want to try something new. Tomorrow I will post the first of my selections, I'd love to hear your favourites in the meantime.
As cute as this photo is, that cassette needs rewinding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.