The Joys of Sickness

First and foremost, apologies readers for the latest content slump but lately all my writing efforts have been college related and shockingly I've now found myself contending for time and hours meaning this blog has been forced to take a back seat.  I will strive to win back your approval and surrender this bad blogger label. Who knew surviving off cereal bars and not attending college would take up so much time?

Back on topic, I've recently snatched this year's must-have fresher's flu, the plague that effortlessly worms and prowls its way to the weaker, less-fortunate folk of our society. I have an immune system as hopeless as a goldfish's memory span so seasonally illnesses such as this come zip-wiring towards me at optimal speed, at all angles. Although phlegm aside let's have a glance through the perks I notice trail a virus.

1. You get to slurp plenty of Lemsip. Permitted, I understand most people aren't the biggest fans of this little saviour but I adore it. I used to drink it like a flavoured tea until I found out consuming such amounts of paracetamol for casual use wasn't the wisest of decisions

2. The iconic television sitcom Friends has taught us too much, most importantly that you get one irresistible sexy voice with a cold. Therefore send me that X Factor application form there's a new James Arthur in town.

3. The symptoms of the flu involve your throat swelling up and everything commencing to taste like cardboard. Accordingly you can eat healthily for the duration of the sickness as your taste-buds are currently non-existent meaning the broccoli is tolerable for now (although keep those eyes shut whilst eating it, your brain isn't as easily fooled).

4. I would like to create a nice, doting point here about how your family will nurse you to good health whilst your ill and care for your every need. Hot soup in bed, Modern Family re-runs and oodles of sympathy but no if you have caught a bug you have either caught it off one of them or the entire household has seized it off you at this stage and they are just as miserable and groggy as you, which is kind of a positive.

5. When you eventually beat and destroy it you will feel sensational, capable of anything. Well, apart from that overdue college assignment you aren't Bionic Woman after all.

No flu is complete without an hourly spoonful of 'pity for oneself'. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.